Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Card Challenge Week #1

When I was an active CTMH Consultant, I use to do Christmas Card Workshops. I'd make 60 cards from 1 L2 paper pack. Usually I'd do a few sets for myself and be good. Since I didn't do a workshop this year...I struggled to make just 70 cards. So I have decided to start a Christmas Card Challenge of my own.

I am going to make 2 Christmas cards every week for the whole year. By this time next year, I should have 104 Christmas cards (52 weeks in a year). I will be posting these every Sunday. :) Do you want to play with me?!? If you do, make sure to link me your cards and I'll post them here!

Paper: SU Holiday Treasures
Stamps: CTMH Snow Friends, Say It With Style
Crystal Stickles, Copics, and CTMH Brads

Last year, whoever didn't get a Save the Date card, got a Christmas card with this stamp set. These little snowmen are my favorite CTMH set ever! I resisted using them again this year...but I doubt my family would of hardly notice, even if I had.

I mailed out all of my Christmas cards yesterday! And I finished my Christmas shopping. Now I just need to wrap and finish up my crafty gifts. I forgot how expense it is to buy wrapping paper, boxes, and ribbons. The last few years Brent and I flew home from Denver and you can't fly with wrapped things. So I'd wait to wrap them in Portland and use my parent's stuff...but not this year, lol. It's all right, I love the Elmo paper I got Emily!

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday!

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful challenge, I'll try to make also christmas cards during the year. Your first cards looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how lacking my blog has been I am going to use your challenge to get back in gear. Plus I am sure that I will be forever grateful to you come next Christmas when I don't have to stress over making 100 cards! Especially with a new baby in tow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO going to play! I send out nearly 150 cards, and I am freaking this year! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Sparkle. And your challenge sounds like a wonderful idea. I decided to cave this year and just buy store bought cards. Eeeek. With my exam, I decided I just didn't have the time to devote to that endeavor. However, if I can stay on track with your challenge, maybe I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Great challenge idea, too, although I don't think I'd make it past Week 3. Rejecting "Christmas in July" probably has something to do with living in the tundra! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sparkle, what a great idea, I'd love to play along too! These snowmen are so cute, I had forgotten all about them, I'll have to pull them out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snowmen are so stinkin' cute! I just love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those snowmen are suuuuuuper cute! I love them! no wonder you wanted to use those again.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great idea Sparkle!!
    I think tho, that I like to send photo cards, but if I create them to hold a photo somehow....hmmm... Or for my Fairs. Either way I'll play!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, those are ADORABLE snowmen images! I need to see a new catalog...haven't seen one in probably a year from CTMH. Great job and good luck on that challenge.

    Jane
    SBS4

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I shall try to play too. I have so many fun Christmas Stamps, and never get to really use most of them. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun cards! Love the DP for both too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm in! i just used the same stamp set (again)...it's an easy one!! but i think it'd be nice to get them all done ahead of itme

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great idea, I want to play too! Love the snowmen cards by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a super idea! I'd like to say I'd play but I'm such a procrastinator. I guess we'll see what the new year brings! love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a fabulous idea! I thought with my easy and quick cards that I would have enough with all the others I made but am still short!! I will be loving to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So hmm you want to help me do some shopping? I haven't even started! I KNOW!! I am almost done w/my Christmas cards.. and I have to be done by tomorrow and then the shopping starts.. but I do know what I am getting everyone.. its the thing of going and getting it is the issue! LOL :)

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHat a great idea! I need to play. This year most people are only getting a photo card from me because I just plain haven't had time to make carads at all since I started back to work. I even bought new Christmas stamps this year to go with the 30+ Christmas/winter sets I already own--it's a sickness--LOL! Like I siad I NEED to play, but since i haven't had much time, I don't know how many weeks I'll make it.

    Thanks for the Christmas card, by the way, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks