Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve and Birthday Gift Card Holder

Today is also Breanna's birthday. While I always call her Brent's niece...I can now claim her as mine since I'm finally a Smith. She was 4 when Brent and I started dating and she's turning 12 today. Wow...where does the time go?!?

Being an only child...the only grandchild in the Smith family...and having her birthday the day before Christmas, this girl is impossible to shop for! Anything I wanted to get her, she already owns. Except the Twilight book series...but her mom said she can't read those until she finishes all of her Harry Potter books she made her buy, lol.

So, I made this cute gift card holder...which is empty in the pic, but won't be--by the time she gets it. Brent was in charge of getting this gift, as I did her Christmas gift...and you can tell he slacked off and waited til the last minute.


Paper: CTMH
Stamps: Penny Black (RAK from Lori)
Copic Markers, Rhinestones, and Stitching
Brent and I decided not to go down to Portland. Better to be safe at home then stuck on the side of the highway or spun out in a ditch. So, it'll be a quiet Christmas with just the 2 of us. I must say I'm so happy I'm not spending my Christmas vacation planning my wedding this year. Last December I was picking out my cake, meeting with the officiant, picking out center pieces for the dinner tables, and meeting with the DJ. It was super stressful!

The Smith's traditionally celebrate Christmas today, so I get my markers!!!! I'll be spending most of the night playing with them...and then I can sleep in for Christmas! I was looking forward to Emily dragging me out of bed at the wee hour of the morning though.

Hope you all have a safe Christmas Eve!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is just the cutest! Merry Christmas and ENJOY those markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift card. She's gonna love it. Glad you're playing it safe & staying home. Hope your Christmas is fan-tabu-lous! It's been a joy blogging with you and I look forward to more in 2009.

    You're gonna love those markers!

    Stef H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute gift card holder! This reminds me that my corner rounder isn't getting enough love these days! Love it!
    Have a wonderful Christmas Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Markers! LOL! Super cute gc holder! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Sparkle. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your work!! And would like to tell you that you turned me on to Bellas and Rileys!! I've purchased 10 Bellas and 4 Rileys...I'm soo addicted!! Thanks to SCS I get to swap for images of other stamps that I don't have. I'll definitely be adding this Penny Black stamp...Cinnamin is soooo cute!! She reminds me of my 14 year old that turns 15 in March :0) Continue the wonderful work!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks