Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Mail for Heroes

As an Odd Bird, this was an optional assignment. I wanted to do something nice, so I decided to participate. The turn around time on this is pretty quick, as these cards need to mailed out by December 10th, 2008. But below is the information if you want to participate.

I was inspired by Suzy, one of my fellow Odd Birds and Rubber Cafe DT Memebers to make this card. She came up the idea of using this perch as a snow globe! I don't have any Christmas stamps that I can show you yet, so I had to be creative with my non-Christmas stamps. Overall, I think it turned out pretty cute.

Paper: CTMH Serenipity
Stamps: Odd Bird Planet
Copic Markers, CTMH Buttons, Crystal Stickles, Nestabilities, and Ribbon


Holiday Mail for Heroes is a partnership between the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes to deliver one million holiday cards to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world. Please send cards to this address, following the guidelines listed below:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

Hope you all have a great Monday...I'm dreading going back to work...not really, but it was nice to have a few days off!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute! :D I love the little snowglobe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowglobe is so cute! You did a fabulous job, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cause! I did alot of cards this year for the troops, I will be sure to get some in the mail right away to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great!

    Hey...where can I find the guidelines?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sparkle!
    Such a super cute card I love it and know a hero will too :)

    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cute, indeed!

    I just love how you put all the blues together.

    Beautiful work.

    We lived in Renton for a couple of years. I miss it - but I miss Portland more. It sounds like we have some of the same stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute! I lovee what you did with him, the bird house and the bow too! The snow is just the greatest add here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to create a card for this program! On behalf of my colleagues at Pitney Bowes and the American Red Cross, I wanted to thank you for all of your support and let you know we surpassed the goal of delivering one million cards to US service members, veterans and military families. The following video provides more details and a personal message of thanks from all of us. Thanks again for your help!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks