Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Created by Courtney Challenge #23

Today's challenge is a color challenge. If you don't have SU paper, you can substitute with any like colors.

I joined a raining card group on the Magnolia Yahoo Group, so I made this card for one of this month's recipients. The image isn't a Valentine Collection Tilda, but I still think she's darling. She reminds me of the shy type, lol.

Paper: SU Cardstock, Basic Grey Bittersweet
Stamps: Magnolia, CTMH
Prima Flowers, Copic Markers, Bella Baubles, MM Heart Brads, and Rhinestones




Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's projects. All of them are listed here in this CBC Challenge Chicks list. If you play along with us, remember to link your creation to Courtney's blog, and you could win a prize from Courtney! If you upload to SCS, the keyword is CBCC23.

I hope you have been enjoying the New Years Celebration! Isn't it great when holidays are 3 days long? Brent and I went out to eat dinner on Monday night and I got my favorite, Peking Duck. Brent wanted Beef Broccoli and you should of seen the look on the waitress when Brent asked for Chinese Broccoli. I wanted to laugh so hard...I think she thought he didn't know what he was ordering.

The food was fabulous and they were so sweet to give us free dessert and a gift card for the same amount of our dinner. It was the best Chinese food I've had since I've left Portland, lol.

Brent also took me to go see Gran Torino after dinner. I wrote about it here on my livejournal. Since I don't post my artwork on there anymore...I haven't post on there in a long time. I also put my settings back so anonymous comments can't be posted, just an fyi.

Anyhoo- I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh Sparkle! I just looked at three of your post and your artwork is, as always, FANTASTIC! This Tilda is adorable! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year!!! Great stories here and on your other journal. I saw the movie too and thought it was great. It also made me incredibly sad for the kids that get stuck in the gang mentality and lifestyle. Congrats to your dad for achieving the American dream!

    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! She does look shy, doesn't she? lol

    That's too cute about Brent and the broccoli! Glad you two had a great time on your night out!

    Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling card!! Glad to hear you had such a fun night ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! How ADORABLE is this! Beautifully done! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too much! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Sparkle, such a sweet Tilda! Your New Years dinner sounds fabulous, totally delicious, glad you had a great meal out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure have been missing a lot from your blog... your cards are really awesome! And loved your blog's layout ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my heart is melting. This card is adorable!!!!!! Great coloring, and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sparkle, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love your use of colour and such a gorgeous tilda. joey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your Tilda is adorable! Great card Sparkle!
    hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...how perfectly adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! I just made one. Not sure if it's Tilda or Magnoila?
    But she is adorable!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks