Wednesday, February 25, 2009

For You Giraffe

After I colored in the giraffe's eyes, I thought it went from cutesy to kindof scary. Jenn said it looked sarcastic. She wanted me to use one of my Twisted Sentiments with it. If this card were for my personal use, I totally would of, lol! But since it's my DT work that I will be sending in...thought I better keep it appropriate! :)

Paper: CTMH Expedition
Stamps: DogGone Stamps Giraffe
CTMH Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Eyelets, Dew Drops, and Copics


Have you seen the new DCWV Safari Chic paper? It's so cute and I want it, but would I really make 100 animal print cards with it, lol?!? I found this Etsy store http://thienthanh.etsy.com/ that sells partial paper packs in 6x6 and 4x6 sheets. I think I will be buying paper from her more often! I'm one of those who tend to make a couple of cards and then I'm over the paper, lol. You don't want to know how many 1/2 stacks I have of Basic Grey paper sitting around.

And if I really fall in love with something, I can go buy it in 12x12 and maybe someday I'll scrapbook again! :)

12 comments:

  1. whatta fun card...thanks for passing along the etsy site...she's going to be getting in sassafrass {WOO HOO!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love it! The paper is amazing, and the giraffe looks "love struck" to me. In a really low voice he is saying "hey, babe"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh...that giraffe's expression is hilarious! I'm going with a "what the heck" expression. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - I'm with you Sparkle: he looks kinda scary (or stoned) to me!! cute card

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute card...I think he looks like he has "bedroom"eyes! LOL!! I really like the paper...and I'm with you on lots of half stacks of paper packs sitting around. I'm trying to be better with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! I love it! It's like his wife has been nagging him about how he never brings her flowers anymore. He has this, "here's your damn flower!" look. :) rotfl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Awesome card! I'm with Sarah- "here's your flower, now shut it!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. its funny to see a giraffe like this. we collect giraffe stamps, b/c its my daughter's school mascott, but usually the cutesy giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree that hes sarcastic! great card though!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card Sparkle this giraffe is such fun, I totally expect him to say something sarcastic though, those eyes are very expressive!
    have a great evening, Debx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh MY this card is amazing! the colors are just popping, the paper is perfect for the image. The Giraffe is to darn cute, hes sayig HOW YOU DOING (Joey from friends.) LOVE IT !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks