Monday, February 9, 2009

Odd Bird Planet Sparkle Card and Even Sadder News

*I also posted a new valentine Tilda card on the KL Stampin n Scrappin blog. I will be posting my DT work on there every Monday so come check it out!* I won't be double posting my work on my blog. I always get disappointed when I see something on someone's blog and click to see more sneak peeks and it's the same thing, lol.

Johanna did not make this stamp just for me, lol, but you could take a moment and humor me. I've been in the mood to make some quick note cards and just fell in love with them. Since I have to mail in all my Design Team work in, I made lots of extras! :) This little owl is me peeking out to see if spring is on it's way!

Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Stamps: OBP
Sparkle, Kelly's Owl in a Hole Big, HeartCopic Markers, Rhinestones, and Nestabilities

So as far as the house, we got out bidded. The first house (the brand new one) the bank still wanted a bit more then Brent and I were willing to spend on it...especially since I still need to get a new car! And the second one, the other people bidded more than what the house was listed at...so of course that's a way better deal for the seller.

Those were our top choices, so it's back to square one. We already have plans for Valentine's Day next week, but we'll probably squeeze in some time to go house hunting. Third times a charm, right?!?

Everyone have a happy Monday! It's back to work for me!

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, but am so sorry about the houses. Maybe those were the not right ones for you, and the perfect house is just out there waiting for you to come along! Okay, so call me Polllyanna (are you old enough to know who that is? Geez, I am really dating myself!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful card, I love the splash of colour. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet sparkle card...you guys will find that perfect-o home....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card!
    Don't be discouraged on the house! We had to put in bids on about 7 houses before we got our house! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sparks this is such a gorgeous card hunny, i just adore the image. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect sentiment for you...great card! Sorry about the house but it can take some time sometimes to find the perfect house. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card. Love the stamp with your name. Hang in there and enjoy the journey. The right house will come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card Sparkle!!!
    I'm starting to fall in love with all the owl stuff out there (I really wasn't a big fan...I've grown to love them).
    Your perfect home is waiting for you to find it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling note card! I'm sorry to hear about the houses :( I'm sure you guys will find one that you'll love though! Have a great Valentine's in the meanwhile ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute notecard! :D So sorry about the houses. I know house hunting can be difficult, but I know you guys will find one that is perfect for you! I will keep my fingers crossed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute card, Sparkle. Sorry to hear the news about the houses. But just like everyone has said before me, you and your hubby will find the perfect home.

    Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember house hunting well. It is worse than car shopping!! and that is hard, LOL. When we pulled into the driveway of this house (we have lived here now for 17 years) we knew this was the house! The right one will come along :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little owl peaking out. I too am doing a Christmas card challenge, but only one a week. Love yours so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous notecard Sparkle, I love them, so pretty! I am sure this stamp was made with you in mind lol!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get the house you wanted, hope you find something better this week!
    Have a great evening, Debx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you sure they didn't make the stamp just for you? Great job and soo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card! Sorry to hear about the houses. The right one will come along.. "And it will be just right" :)
    Have fun house hunting and have a nice Valentines Day with your sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! How fun to be able to find your name in a stamp! I don't think anyone will ever have mine pre-done. I'll just have to use my alpabet stamps and make my own, lol.

    And like everyone else has said, that perfect house will come along. There must have been a reason the first two didn't work out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card. Like some of our SBS sisters have found out this past year ... the right house is out there just waiting for you and Brent to find it (then it will be a perfect fit) :)
    On another note, guess I better stop double posting my cards, huh?! LOL sorry

    ReplyDelete
  20. The card is adorable. How fun that you have a sentiment with your name on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks