Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Angel's Landing Blog Hop

Welcome to the July Angels Landing Blog Hop. If you missed the beginning of the hop, head over to Judi's blog and follow the links. If you came here from Jennifer's blog, you're right on track. Today the Design Team is introducing two new digital image sets for July, Marching Band 1 and Marching Band 2.

Since I started my Christmas Card Challenges, I've made over 60 Christmas cards this year already. I was really excited when the DT got these and can't wait to add this card to my stack! I've never really understood Christmas in July though...since the half way mark is really in June, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey Figgy Pudding
Stamps: Angel's Landing, Sentiment is PTI
CTMH Ribbon, Copics, Crystal Stickles, and Nestabilities


Don't forget to comment today. By doing so, you'll be entered to win some free digital stamps. I will randomly draw my winner tomorrow.

Your next stop on the blog hop is {Cheryl Rowley's blog}.

**On a much more personal note...my cousin Bobby posted the slide show we created for my Grandma's memorial service on You Tube. If you want to watch it, you can click here. The first song in the video is in Hmong, followed by a Rascal Flatts song. We asked everyone for their favorite pictures and we included some quotes from the grand children.

The hardest thing about putting the slide show together was that about 1/3 of the pictures that were picked for the slide show had my mom in them. I've always lived far away from most of my cousins, so I forget sometimes how much my mom influenced so many lives.**

37 comments:

  1. Love the skunk, he's too cute. You do such an amazing job at taking non-traditional images and making them into Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to also say "what a lovely tribute to your Grandma" May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Christmas card! How nice to add another to the growing stack! Have a great day!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tribute to your grandma is wonderful.

    Oh I love SKUNKS. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your creativity in creating these Christmas cards. I never got the whole Christmas in July either, for the same reason. LOL

    What a wonderful tribute to your Grandmother, although it must be hard to see your mom, too. Hopefully you take comfort in the fact that they both influenced lives in a positive way. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image! It's perfect for a Christmas card too! Love the sentiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "Christmas in July "card is great and using it differently is fun.
    Lovely tribute to your Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a precious card - and good for you to have accomplished so much with your holiday stamping!

    and as difficult as it can be at times, try to think of the blessings. it sometimes eases the hurt at their being gone. my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what fun, for a christmas card~ you are soooo clever Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this idea for a Christmas card. You really are showing how versatile these images are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and how much detail you add to it with just the coloring!

    Many condolences to you and your family. I am sure it was nice to have a reunion with the rest of your family even under the circumstances. Your grandma will be with you forever in spirit and watch down over you. May she rest in peace!

    Alma =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable card! and what a beautiful tribute, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skunk is SO adorable! Love how you made it into a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice tribute,
    Your card is outstanding, new to blog hopping and card making. Thanks to all for the great ideas, Cant wait to see what I can create,

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome tribute to a beautiful woman who devoted herself to the love of family!! Such a wonderful way to remember your beloved grandmother, Sparkle!

    Love your sweet Christmas card, too! Wish I had 60 made instead of 5!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who would have thought to put a skunk on a christmas card! Very original and makes an adorable card! I think my neighbour would appreciate it as we have skunks that visit our backyards all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. With your coloring skills, you've managed to shade a black skunk to look three dimensional. I also like how you've placed that eighth note and holly inside a circle to mimic the drum's circle. Such a cute Christmas card -- and you've already made dozens this year. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sparkle, you are all set for Christmas. Sixty cards is quite an accomplishment. I really need to get started. Love your little skunk card. He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That skunk is precious! Awesome hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute Christmas card hun!!! I love your coloring on that darling skunk!!!

    Have a nice day!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute Sparkle. I love that image and it with the sentiment are perfect for another Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card Sparkle! Love the cute little skunk! We have a local not so cute skunk who likes to dig up my yard - I like yours much better! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute image. Love the sentiment. How do you like using the digis? different for a stamp a holic huh? and I'm not saying you are, but just a guess. lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with the other posters. It is pretty "gutsy" to put a skunk on a Christmas card!! Oh well, I guess when talent like yours surfaces, anything becomes adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. Linda Slattery

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card! What a neat idea to use the images for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the skunk...and what a great non-traditional Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute lil stinker! Sorry that was lame. But seriously, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a different Christmas card! very creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. :) OH FUN!@! Love this li'l guy!! So cute Sparkle. I'm planning/hoping to make a Christmas card later today after work! *cross fingers* =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks