Sunday, July 19, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #33

I saw this really cute card on the Greeting Farm blog the other day...and I used it as inspiration for my card this week. I really liked how she did the strips of paper on her card, so your challenge is to use strips of paper. This snow Miss Anya is my favorite I think...well, besides Geisha Anya.

I pop-dotted Anya's head and her hand warmer. I can't decide if I like the depth or if it makes her look like a turtle, lol. And while it's so pale, her jacket is really, really light pink.

Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, Sentiment is Amuse
Snowflake Punch, PTI Buttons, Copics, Nestabilities, and Crystal Stickles


Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment!

Everyone have a great Sunday. Brent and I plan on eating breakfast with my family and spend some time with the bitty siblings. We'll also see the new couple one last time before heading home!

28 comments:

  1. What a great idea with the paper strips. Your card is fabulous. Love the pale pink coat.

    Is that one of the new copic colors? I unfortunately have not had a chance to pick mine up at the LSS yet. They are in, so hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT card!! So fun! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a terrific card! And no, she doesn't look like a turtle! LOL Love the idea of using the strips, too.

    Excellent work!

    Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Some of my favorite Christmas paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card! Love this Anya! I have this paper, but have been hoarding it. I guess I should open it up and use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...I tell you, one of my favorite color combos! I like your new blog header too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Sparkle! Love your "Christmas in July' card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the dimension...she's not turtle like to me. LOL!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. another beautiful card! I have yet to ink up this Miss Anya, but I love her and can't wait to use her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so cute! I really like the strips of paper idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Sparkle. I really like that Anya as well. And I love how you did the strips of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute, Sparkle! Sweet image and I love what you did with the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love those colors for winter?Christmas cards! :-) Traci

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute!! Love the earmuffs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. NO! she doesn't look like a turtle..she looks amazing. Those strips of paper are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card! Love that image! I still need to get that set! I love the challenge this week too! Thanks for always giving us such fun challenges each week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No turtle, just sweetness! Love the idea of the paper strips!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute. Love the strips of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on this...I LOVE IT!! :) I'm loving these tall Anyas so much and I'm with you...this one is my fave. Super cute paper and snowflakes too!! Gotta get me a snowflake punch soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is stunning Sparkle! I love everything about it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I think this one is my new favorite. Love the colors, papers and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the strip of paper, especially with those trees! Such a cute card! I missed out last week, but managed to post one for this week, and a couple extras to "catch up". Cheers,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute card! I love this Anya too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! Thanks again for another great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Card Sparkle, and I love that stamp! So happy that I can participate again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card! Love the strips of paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks