Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday Fishes and Another Book Review: Remember Me?

Here is my card today for KL Stampin n Scrappin. I was in a pink princess mood when I made this card, lol. It reminds me of Shelly, since she LOVES pink. I've been eying this border punch from Stephanie's blog for awhile. I finally gave in and bought it last week when I was at Michaels. I also used Taylored Expressions Sketch # 82 for this.

Paper: My Minds Eye Bloom and Grow paper
Stamps: CC Designs
Pearls, Copics, EK Success Border Punch, PTI Ribbon, CTMH Brads, Crystal Stickles, and Nestabilities


This book was slated for August in the Sistah-hood of the Reading Bellas. I'm a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella, but for some reason, this is my least favorite book from her. Undomestic Goddess was much better! I read this in 3 days and like the rest of her books, they're light, easy, and well humored.



This book is about a girl who gets into a car accident and wakes up with amnesia. She thinks it's 2004...when it's really 2007. She can't remember anything that's happened in the last 3 years of her life. Come to find out, she became thin, senior management, snooty, and married a millionaire. But of course there's a lot of lies and secrets that come with her "life." It irritates me, because you don't really know what happened in the accident, or what caused it. They don't ever show the events prior to it...though they do mention it briefly...which is vague, but I don't want to give it away, lol. The book never goes back to tell you. And I'm a DETAIL girl, humph. If you're in the mood for an easy read that will capture you in a fun drama plot, I would recommend this. I did like the ending of this book though, lol...which seems really rare lately. :)

Everyone have a great Monday! It's back to work for me...

26 comments:

  1. Great card Sparkle, and gotta say, great taste in Authors. I love Sophie Ks books, they are a great read.

    Busy working my way through all the Jodi Picoult ones at the moment.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this card Sparkle! LOVE all the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet pink-alicious card Sparks! ugh to monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thnx for the book review-- I'm a details kind of girl too. Too bad, that book dud sound like it would have a good story line. And such an adorable card! Love all of the *details*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and girly! I LOVE all the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Sparkle! Now I think I have to make a trip to Michael's for that border punch, lol. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! This is adorable! I, too, love all that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the card! I have this stamp~the set is so much fun! Love how you colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute card! I like detailed books as well. And I always read my favorites more than once, which usually results in me finding glitches in the plot, lol. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute Sparkle. I love how you used your patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This little mermaid looks great in pink! Fun border, too, perfect for ocean waves!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the pink. Your coloring looks fantastic. Just an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet pink card! Love it!
    That is an awesome border! I've never seen it! and now I want it too ;)

    Thnx for sharing your book review! I love her books too, but hesistated on buying this one - now I'm curious to see if I would like it, lol! ;)

    :*) margie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love this card!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. Great choice in papers and what an awesome sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes this feels very princess like, and I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the mermaid, especially the way you used the pearls. I've read some Sophie Kinsella, but not all of them. Have you read Janet Evanovich? Now those are a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card! I love Sophie Kinsella! Love her books. I agree, this was just all right. My faves are definitely the Shohpaholic books, all of them! I have yet to read Twewnties Girl (I think that's the name) her lots of great reviews...have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so fun that border punch is fantastic! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, Sparkle. As I play catch-up after a week of MWW (Missing with Wedding), I've determined one thing. I can count on you to inspire me every single day. Your cards are all so cute. TFS, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is super adorable Sparkle! I adore your beautiful image and love the way you embellished her!
    Your book review makes me wanna buy this book. The details sound great!
    hugs
    Risa:)
    p.s. Thanks for everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the pink and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the mermaid! And, she's pink! :) Beautiful card, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks