Monday, September 14, 2009

Chillin' Magnolia Card, Book Review: Never Eat Alone, and Goals Update

Here is my card today for KL Stampin n Scrappin. Ice cream is my favorite thing to eat! Though I don't eat it very often. As a child, I use to eat ice cream cones by themselves, lol. Last time I was home at my dad's, Emily informed me she had ice cream in the freezer. I said, oh yeah, what kind is it? She says, "it's the white kind", lol. Oh, kiddos. Gotta love the words of a 3 1/2 year old.

Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: Magnolia, sentiment is MFT
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons and Ribbon, Crystal Stickles, Pearls, and Copics


Now for the not so crafty part...you can skip to the next blog if you don't want to read. One of my favorite blogs that I read every day is The Simple Dollar. Trent, the guy who writes on there is working his way through eliminating debt and trying to live more frugally. He started a Book Club and we're currently reading Never Eat Alone. This book is about relationships and networking, not finance.


In one of the chapters, they say you should make a large goal for 3 years from now and then working backwards, making smaller goals each year, and each 90 days, to complete your larger one. With that, I've been putting my goals back into perspective and I've been thinking about goals for 2010 through 2012. I've completed 3 so far for 2009...so not too shabby. Going back to school is still on my long term list, but unfortunately that will come much later than sooner.

My goals for 2009
-Get a new house-Artwork published (I think I'm going to abandon this one for 2010)
-Be on more Design Teams
-Putting more effort into my photography skills (Learning Photoshop CS3 has been very helpful)
-Get a new camera (I need to pay off my car first)
-Scrap 26 layouts (I've done 4 so far...gotta work on this one, lol)-120 Christmas cards by Christmas 2009 (Will be completed on December 1st, 2009, wahoo!)-One mini album every quarter of the year (I've done none...but hope to do one for Ali Edward's December Daily)
-I want to be more knowledgeable on business politics (This applies to my day career)

With so much going on in my life right now, I've decided to step back from some of my commitments. By the end of the month, I will be done with all of my Design Teams, except for KL Stampin n Scrappin. Don't worry, I will still be here in blog land...I just feel like I need some time to do my own thing for a bit and get life in perspective.

Everyone have a great Monday! It's back to work for me...

29 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card...sounds like an interesting book...goals are always good to set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I love ice cream and the white kind is my favorite. LOL. Good for you on writing down your goals and getting some accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! I grinned at your little Emily's comment about what kind. *Ü* So cute.

    Thanks for the tip about the blog and the book. I will look into both. As you know, reading my blog, I'm trying to simplify and be more frugal. I really like the idea of making goals. Kudos to you for taking the time to reset your priorities and goals! Keep up the great effort. I've no doubt you'll attain them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, she's so adorable!

    Sounds like a great blog/book - I love the idea of setting/working on goals. It sounds like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I hear you about taking time for yourself. Good for you for doing it...more people should! The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! I'm really loving the pearls you've been using.

    Good for you with the goal setting! I've never been good at that. I'll have to check out that blog and maybe start getting some order back in my life. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your card is adorable! Great long terms goals Sparkle...maybe I should make some but I wouldn't even know where to start! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, I love all the pink you used.

    Sounds like a great book/blog. I am horrible at goal setting and following through with them, good for you on all you have done this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch! Congrats on goals accomplished & good-luck on the others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling card! Sounds like a good book. I know a lot of my own goals get pushed aside by family needs. I like the idea of making breaking down our larger goals backwards. And it looks like you're doing great with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute!
    AS for goal setting.. You Go Girl! You amaze me with all the things you have accomplished in your life already! And your still in your 20's LOL
    Way to go!
    I will check out the book. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm, ice cream! Very *yummy* card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a yummie card!!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are all wonderful goals! I feel the same way about "doing my own thing". I'll be done with my PMS stuff at the end of this month and I am looking forward to ME time: being able to create what I want, when I want, with whatever I want, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! Love the colors and your coloring of the image is perfect!!

    Congrats on your goals - both reaching and still working for. I make goals and then forget about them. If they are right there to see or keep refering to then they are easier to accomplish and it feels good to see them done. Sorry to hear you'll be done with all your design teams but glad you'll still be posting. Your creations are wonderful - even if I don't tell you that everyday like I should!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card! I love ice cream too! Emily is just too adorable!!! Love what she said!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable. So sweet. Good luck with your goals. One of mine is to be published in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great goals! It's funny because I have a blog that I've only posted on once! My goal needs to be the opposite of yours! I need to get things organized since I've spent so much money on supplies!! Maybe I should really read this book too : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sparkle this card is terrific! I posted your card on my blog and I was extra careful to point out I did not make the card rather You did but everyone seems to think I made it! It's funny how many others are like me and they just look at the pretty pictures! Do you want me to pull the picture? Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card! And thanks for sharing the goal setting....I'm lucky to accomplish my daily to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card-My favorite is "the white kind with chocolate chips".

    Congrats on the goal settings. It is a nice feeling to be able to reach some of them. The blog looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sparkle,
    Your card is very pretty! I love your image and her beautifully colored in outfit! Awesome job and beautiful DP!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute. I just got this new Tilda myself! :) Love your DPs and everything. Very yummy card.

    Wow..lotsa goals for this year! I wish you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another sweet card Sparkle! I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute! I haven't inked up this image yet, but I love it. Mint Chocolate is my favorite!mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet card!

    I'm very impressed by your goal setting and how many of the goals you can check off. It reminds me that I need to start my dream sheet so I can have concrete goals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute! I love that Tilda! I may have to add her to my collection. :)

    That's a great goal list... I'm terrible with keeping my goals. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks