Sunday, September 13, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #41

Have any of you started your Christmas shopping yet? I'm a crazy one and does it ALL on Black Friday. It's my second favorite holiday after my birthday, lol. I really want to make some tea sets/packages this year though. Do any of you know of any really good tea?

ETA: Being a coffee drinker myself, I don't really know that much about Tea. I don't post a lot, but I lurk on 2Peas ALL the time. I should of looked there first, lol. But I found this website, http://www.mightyleaf.com/. It's kindof pricey, but for a nice Christmas gift, I think it suits it well. This site looks cool too, http://www.teavana.com/. And this one also, lol, http://www.harney.com/.

This week I used Unscripted Sketches #22 for my card. You can use it or just make what you want. Are you loving the new PTI holiday stuff?!? I got these snowmen from Wish RAK and I'm proud to say that this is my LAST piece of Figgy Pudding paper. I have half a pack of Wassail and I can't wait to use my Eskimo Kisses!

Paper: SU and Basic Grey
Stamps: SU, sentiment is PTI
Copics, CTMH Brads, Crystal Stickles, and Cuttlebug Embossing


Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment so I know you added a card!

Everyone have a great Sunday! I almost forgot that BB isn't on tonight. I really hope that Jordan and Kevin go to Final 2.

25 comments:

  1. Sparkle, that card is sooo adorable! I especially liked that sketch and the supplies/colors you used!

    And, WOW, do you really get everything done on Black Friday??? Hehe...I usually have to start during the summer to finish by Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute snowmen! Great card!

    I don't do any shopping on black friday - can't deal with the crowds and usually don't have my Christmas $ ready by then. I'm a late shopper every year :(

    I'm doing a fall craft show this year, the weekend before Thanksgiving, so if I get in gear and make lots of crafts than maybe I could have some $$ and venture out on the crazy shopping day?! lol

    Can't wait for BB! I'm with you on Final 2. I was so happy Jordan won the 2nd round. Natalie just couldn't stand it. She always starts coming up with excuses to why she didn't win. "Please NO Natalie in Final 2!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and fabulous sketch. Bet you can't wait to start using some new paper.

    I'm soo not a Black Frday person, I can't stand the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I admire you for using up that paper...something I need to work hard on, I have tons of paper around here. The image is adorable and colored so nicely.

    You are a brave, brave woman to do all your shopping on Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! No idea about the tea, we have a store in our mall that sells some, but I'm not sure if it's really good. I'm digging all the new PTI stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowmen are just too cute! I still love Figgy Pudding!

    I used to shop on Black Friday, but now I just stay away and shop online!
    Sorry, I'm more of coffee person, so I don't know of any great teas. I know there are some, so hopefully someone will suggest some to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. What a bunch of adorable snowmen.

    As for tea, I don't drink it so I'm not much help in that department. I also love Black Friday. I love getting up early and being in the hustle and bustle of it all. I don't leave all my shopping for that day, though. I like to start a bit early and spread my purhcases out.

    As far as the new PTI stuff, oh my gosh, am I in trouble. I love their stuff and am quickly becoming an addict.

    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute! I have that SU set but I haven't used the snowmen yet - I totally want to pull it out now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable snowmen! Great take on the sketch too. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek...this is so cute! I love those snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those snowmen! I can't wait to play with the new BG paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute card! love the snowmen!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those snowmen are way too cute!! Usually I am chilling out at home on black Friday. It's so nice to just take the day off after Thanksgiving! I'm loving the new PTI stuff too, I can't wait to see the whole sets. I still need to get the Halloween ones, they are too cute this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh this is so cute. And THANKS for playing along with the Unscripted Sketches this week!
    Being from the UK I am a tea drinker..but I like plain English breakfast tea..or Earl Grey, I really don't like all the different fancy flavors...and I have to add milk and sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the snowman image and the card!!! Great idea! On the teas - there is a great tea house near my home town and it serves the Harney and Sons tea. Let me tell you - FANTASTIC! I adore the Hot Cinnamon Spice and the Cranberry Autumn. They would make a great gift and the flavors are out of this world.

    Have fun on Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Sparkle for letting me show off my Christmas card on your blog! I finally got help to be able to link other people's blogs so now my readers can find you...Thanks again
    mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I think it's time to bring out the snowman stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sparkle,
    fun card and fun sketch. I love that cute image.

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another cute card! I adore these snowmen, they are the cutest!
    I wish that I could help you out regarding the best tea etc. I'm a coffee drinker also! *lol*
    I also LOVE to shop the day after Thanksgiving. The only difference is, I get up super early the following day and head for the "madness"! I should shop directly at home but I think I get some kind of rush shopping for bargains!
    I know it is insane but I love it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I added my Christmas card, because I finally got one done...even though I didn't use the sketch site that you listed....although there is still time before Sunday...LOL! I wish we had a Black Friday in Canada...I'd be there for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks