Friday, September 18, 2009

Farm Fresh Friday with TGF

This week's challenge is embossing. I chose to use my Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Nestabilities. Don't forget to check out the TGF blog for the rest of the DT's wonderful creations. Can you tell by this picture that my favorite Girl Scout cookies are Thin Mints?!? They are the best! And I know...shame on me...The paper is cream and my image is on white...but hey, it works, lol.

My mom was a girl scout, but I never was. Moving to Portland, OR from Hilo, HI was hard on my mom and she always said she didn't sign me up, because she didn't know anyone. I guess she had her click in Hawaii and had my family stayed there, I would of had a nice group of little girl scouts to play with, lol. But I don't regret not being one...through out the years, I did ballet, karate, piano, band, and choir, so it's not like I didn't get to do anything as a child.

Paper: SU
Stamps: The Greeting Farm
Prima Flowers, CTMH Buttons, Pearls, Copics, PTI Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing, and Nestabilites


I have to say a huge thank you to Shaela. I got the best surprise in the mail last night! She sent me PMS's Shaela Fairy stamp and with that comes the sentiment, "you make life sparkle." The coolest part is that Shaela creates word art/sentiment stamps for PMS, so it's one that she created! I'm so excited and I truly appreciate your generosity.

I hope you all have a great Friday! It's almost the weekend! :)

22 comments:

  1. darling!!!! have a super weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just darling? Soooo cute. And how fun about the present you received. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card Sparkle. Do you ever have an 'off' day? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! She's the perfect "thin mint" model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! And, what a great surprise from Shaela...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' cute! I was never a Girl Scout either, but I love the cookies- probably a little too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, thanks! I'm glad you like the stamps. :) Love your card - I was never a girl scout either, but participated in lots of other activities like you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Sparkle! Love the colour combo...makes me want to eat mint cremes now, LOL! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is adorable Sparkle!! Just so you know I ordered Greeting Farm stamps today because of all your fabulous inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No girl scout here either (unless you count the consumed thin mints) Your card is fabulous & what a nice surprise. I'm so excited to finally have internet access again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet lil card! I love everything that you put together!
    I didn't get to do much while growing up and I don't think I missed out on too much, but I'd like my boys to have the choice to join - I'll make new friends with them ;)
    TFS :*)
    ~ margie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome, Sparkle! Btw, I love your name! I once met a girl named Bliss and since then, it's been my fave word. Am even contemplating naming my future daughter that.

    Back to your card- I think the DSP works well with the background too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! I was never in Girl Scouts but I love their cookies! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout and now my daughters are involved in Daisies and Brownies. It was fun, but I must confess, I never ever liked doing the cookie sales. I'm SO not a salesperson. LOL

    I love this card because of that image! Maybe it reminds me a smidge of Samoas, my fave GS cookie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Sparkle. I was never a girl scout either, but had plenty of other things to keep me amused.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmmm...thin mints are yummy and so is this card. The white works and I don't think anyone would have noticed. I was never a girl scout either.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome! love thin mints too and as a former girl scout - I salute your card - fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks