Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pixie Cottage Challenge #34 - Family and Goal Updates

First off, I am so excited that Michelle asked me to be a guest designer for Pixie Cottage.  I am so happy to be a part of the team for the month of September.  This week's challenge is family, so don't forget to check out the Pixie Cottage blog to see the sketch and the rest of the DT's lovely creations.


I chose to use Hannah on a Swing.  I just think this image is darling and I too use to love to swing as a child.  I know it's quite a busy card with all the patterns, but I like how bold my card came out.

Paper: Basic Grey Olivia
Stamps: Pixie Cottage, sentiment is Whiff of Joy
CTMH Brads, Copics, Crystal Stickles, and Basic Grey Bloomers

It's the beginning of the month and it's time to check in with my goals.  I honestly haven't been doing that well with these of late.  But I did start making Christmas cards again...and I did get all my stuff to finish making all the tags I will need for my gifts.  So my mini goal is to have that crossed off for next month. 
  • Pay off the fridge, washer, and dryer
  • Technical writing class (for work)
  • Photoshop and Illustrator Tutorials (for work)
  • Get Copic certified
  • Make tags with my Christmas cards (2 done)
  • Open Sparkle Creations
  • Spend 1/2 on crafting than last year - besides essentials (paper, glue, pop dots, ink) I'm not buying new stuff for the rest of the year.
 I hope you all have a great hump day! 

34 comments:

  1. Congrats on being GDT!

    I love the colors on this card! So bright and vibrant! As always, your coloring is superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so cute! Love the image and that flower. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute image and card. And I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Sparkle! This card is darling! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Sparkle! This is such a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sparkle,
    This is just so sweet!
    We love having you with is at The Pixie Cottage this month and can't wait to see all the fabulous things you make for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo stinking cute!! I think i need that stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparkle, Thank you so much for joining us this month! You did a fabulous job on that card!!
    (you are doing great on your "to do" list... I need to start something like that...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. You've coloured the image perfectly - that tree looks real! Love the sentiment too.
    Good luck with the to-do list!
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun, bright card! I LOVE that big gorgeous flower, and the image is so cute! great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet, Sparkle! Such a darling image and gorgeous coloring! Congrats on the Guest DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a very sweet card. love that she's swinging and being so free. love the DP and the stitching too. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out real sweet. Love that Olivia paper.

    It was great to see you last night! Hope the "cake" made it back safely!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card! Love the bright colours and bold prints they look fab with this image
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! I love the colors and that flower is gorgeous. So glad you are our guest at the Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. Can definitely see why you were chosen for another DT Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sparkle, Fab job with the challenge. Love your dps and the fun flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the guest designer spot! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for being the guest over at The Pixie Cottage.

    Your card is simply wonderful.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card! Hannah is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the guest DT spot! Your card is just darling, love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm here visiting from Elise's class, where I saw your post on the Discussion forum on Flickr! I can't wait to see the rest of your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's cute and congrats on being GDT! I'm telling myself not to buy new stuff for the rest of the year too. Not sure if i can resist not buying :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on making into the Guest DT! No wonder why they invited you; you are very talented girl!
    Love the card you created, so pretty!
    I think you are doing great on your goals; look how much you accomplished. Even opening a store is a the greatest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute and sweet image!! Love your card layout!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks