Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Holidays Riley with Snowman

Oh, my...have you seen the new Rileys that just released yesterday?!?  They are just darling and I so need them!  I think they'll make darling tags for my gifts next year.  Is it sad that Christmas hasn't happened yet and I'll already thinking of 2011, lol?

I get asked this alot, but the main reason why I make so many Christmas cards is because I have a huge family!  My dad is the oldest child in his family and he still has 10 living siblings.  At my grandma's funeral last summer, we counted 42 cousins in MY generation.  Yikes!?!  And the Bliatout rule has always been ALL or NONE.  (And yes, I know my Aunts compare what I send what to, etc. - is it an Asian thing?)  On top of that, Brent and I still have co-workers, friends and not to mention the Smith family too, lol. 

Paper: Memory Box Tinsel
Stamps: Riley and Co, sentiment is Savvy Stamps, border is PTI Vintage Labels
Marvy Snowflake Punch, PTI Buttons, Twine, Crystal Stickles, Labels 1 Nestabilities, Rhinestones, and Copics

A few years back, I actually considered not making cards for everyone anymore...but at my wedding (2 years ago), almost all of my family said to me, "We always love the cards you make and send to us.  We keep all of them!"  So, yeah...I'm a sucker, lol...but happy to have the validation that my efforts are valued.

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!  It's almost the weekend!

20 comments:

  1. Sparkle, fantastic layout. Love the stiching and the colors are great. You´re right, the new Riley´s are fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute Riley. And I totally get the big family and making other people happy with your cards. My parents each have six or seven older siblings so there are LOTS of cousins in my family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that Riley sure is cute! Oh my goodness, you DO have a huge family. Well worth the time and effort when it's appreciated as it sounds like yours are.

    You get lots of practice for your coloring and designs, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so thoughtful that you make cards for everybody! I've got a large fam too but they're mostly in the Philippines. And I'm so jealous of what you said about your relatives keeping/ fighting over your cards! Just the other day, my mom asked me to stop wasting my money and time making cards and that people just throw them away ;(. So sad that out of everyone, my mom has never supported my hobbies :(.

    Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your asian comment..it's tough being part of an asian family...seriously...anywho's..love your SWEET card and everyone would be so lucky to get a sparkle creation...your attention to detail is a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love this image and can't wait to color up the ones you sent me.

    I'm glad to hear that your family appreciates your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card!
    I always love and appreciate your cards too!! I always save my hand made cards I get from my crafty friends! I understand the big family thing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Riley and perfect backdrop for him -- awesome combination of DPs and I'm so impressed you used a full row of gems! It's a great effect; I just tend to hoard those little baubles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling, Sparks! I love the new Rileys, too.. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Riley is such a handsome lil guy! I love this Christmas card, so perfect for anyone :)
    TGIF!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card!! I'm impressed that you make individual cards for all your family! You are so dedicated it's awesome!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I'm amazed you can keep up with making that many Christmas cards, wowza! But it must also be fun to make so many different ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great art Sparkle! I loved reading about your family (comparing cards, etc.) and that you were thinking about stopping the madness when their positive reinforcement came. I can relate. I just need to do what you have done and get busy in January making those Christmas cards! That way I won't have just 3 or 4 designs and be working day and night to put them all together on the deadline.

    Not only are you very creative and artistic, but you're pretty smart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love it, and I really should USE mine more! I too am already thinking about 2011! LOL I'm glad your family loves your cards, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute, Sparkle! Love the reindeer snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fun card Sparkle, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this card!! And I think I'm finally going to give in and get some Riley's... I want some new Christmas images for cards next year (yup, I'm with you - already thinking of 2011!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks