Thursday, December 16, 2010

Phoebe Ketto is Thinking of You

*Just wanted to let you all know that Cafe Lucy is back in stock at Sparkle Creations!*

One of my friends asked me to make this card for a co-worker. She is due in January and will be having a baby boy. But sadly, someone else in her family was also pregnect and lost the baby.  She's been having a hard time, as I think it's been trying for other people to be happy and excited for her baby without hurting other people's feelings. 

I hope that this card will cheer her up a little bit.  I also used Limelight's Sketch #62 for this.  Plus you're suppose to use SPARKLE on your card too...you know I can't resist, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey Olivia
Stamps: Stamping Bella, sentiment is Amy R
Heart Nestabilities, Copics, BG Buttons, EK Success Border Punch, Rhinestones, and Crystal Stickles

I've had this image colored since July...and I'm finally using her!  When I went to Yellowstone (in July), I packed up 36 markers in my Copic marker wallet (not the colors shown here) and my Basic Grey Olivia paper pack.  I think people tend to think that I just randomly pre-color images.  I don't...I always pick a paper pack and just color a bunch of images to match.


Sadly, I think I colored about 20 images while I was in Yellowstone and I've only used a few of them.  I have summer images, lol, all colored and ready to go.  I may have to bust some out even though it's winter and freezing!

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!  Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight and Brent and I will be watching!

22 comments:

  1. Really sweet colors Sparkle! Love this cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I'm sure it will lift her spirits ;) Coloring a bunch of images in to match a paper pack is a great idea! I only ever think to color up one at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling darling card. love love your fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, especially with the Olivia papers! I love those Kettos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Sparkle. I'm sure it will help celebrate the gift that's due to arrive. That's definitely a tough situation to be in and I feel for them all.

    Thanks for the great tip on how you color. I'm a random gal, but I think you are definitely smarter about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sparkle! I love pulling markers to match a paper pack - I probably learned that from you! Once in awhile I even take some on a work trip, that way my withdrawl from my scarp space is not quite so acute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I love the colors!

    Happy Holidays :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! I do the same thing with my images, it does not always work the way I want it too, but I try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAACK!! I LOVE this (Yes, I know, that is a weird sound for loving something but That is the sound i made in my head before the big smile, when I saw this!) :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful card!! I need that paper pack - I look through it every time I go to me lss but have been able to resist so far, haha.

    I'm like you - I ALWAYS pick my paper first and then color my image to match. But unlike you, I don't work ahead... I tried it once but ended up NEVER using the images I colored, I always wanted to use something else, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this ketto and love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty card! that's smart to color to match the paper...i do the opposite first and get frustrated trying to find a paper to match! i might just take your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty! I wish I could color like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how DARLING! I love the touch of the pink stitching and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is darling beyond measure, I hope it gives some comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks