Sunday, January 2, 2011

Elf Oliver Card and 2011 Christmas Card Challenge Week #5 - Embossing

This week's challenge is embossing. Don't forget to check out the Christmas Card Challenge blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations.


For this card, I mixed 12x12 and 6x6 jovial paper for this card.  Since I make more cards, I tend to lean more towards the 6x6 pads, but I wish that they would make them double sided like the 12x12 ones.  I love all the green and I also used this week's Sketch For You to Try

Paper: Basic Grey Jovial
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is Impress
Nestabilities, CB Embossing, Copics, Crystal Stickles, Snowflake Punch, PTI Buttons, Twine, CTMH Brads, and Rhinestones

It is also the first challenge of the month which means there is a Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps up for grabs for one lucky random participant!  Good luck and I can't wait to see all the lovely cards you make!

Everyone have a fabulous Sunday!  For you Johnny Depp fans...Brent and I are going to see The Tourist today!

17 comments:

  1. Josh looks great! I like the addition of the embossing too.

    I tried to sew on a card recently. It ended up in the trash. I think my needle must be too big, all I saw were the holes it made and not the stitches. Grrrr. Is there a size I should look for, do you know? Your stitching adds a nice texture, mine added frustration! LOL

    Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Oliver looks fab. Have fun at the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I hope the movie is good! That's one my hubby and I want to see as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the green as well - have fun at the movie, we are HUGE JD fans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet.. I love all the green! Enjoy the movie.. it's on my list to see, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Oliver in all green, so sweet! Have fun at the movie I {heart} Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card..yep Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie..i want to be a Mandy sandwhich with them :)..the movie is sexy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Sparkle!!!

    All the BEST to you for the new year!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the embossing and your gorgeous coloring! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sparkle this is adorable I love all the greens as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks