Wednesday, January 26, 2011

29 Birthday Wishes from Celebrating Chloe and Using Up Paper

ETA:  As most of you know, I schedule my posts out in advance.  I just wanted to peep in and let you all know that I'm actually really sick with the flu and that I'll be holding any orders probably til Thursday.  Thanks for understanding and for the patience.

Today is my friend Shaela's birthday and I just have to say, yes it's her 'first' 29th birthday.  The plus side is that I will see her in 2 days!  She's going to be my companion at CHA and I'm so excited to gush over crafty stuff with her, lol.

I haven't played with my stash of felt in awhile, so I decided to make some matching flowers for my card.  I know it makes this card loud and busy, but I hope that Shaela will love it as much as I do.

Paper: Basic Grey June Bug
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is A Muse
CB Die Cuts, PTI Buttons, Impress Felt, Thickers, Floss, Copics, Rhinestones, Nestabilities, and Crystal Stickles

Lastly, another paper pack bites the dust, lol.  I must say that June Bug was one of my favorite paper packs with all of the bright and bold colors.  And because some have asked, I'll share about my paper.  FYI - I do throw away the teeny tiny bits that are left, lol.

I have a special bin just for all of my basic grey paper, lol.  And whenever I cut a piece of paper, I keep all the scraps in a clear 6x6 envelope.  Once I don't have any full 6x6 sheets left, I try really hard to work in my image coloring with these packs and get them out of there.


For example, here is the rest of what I have of the Wisteria pack (card coming Friday).  I'll try to mix and match backgrounds for card fronts and once I finish all the cards, the left over little bits go into my recycling bin.


I have a few paper packs left that I hope to use up soon!  Everyone have a great hump day! 

25 comments:

  1. Such a vibrant and happy card! You are so organized with your papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute card, Sparks! I love how bright and cheerful it is and all those gorgeous flowers!!! Shaela is a lucky girl;)

    Your scraps storage is BRILLIANT! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! Get well soon, Sparkle!

    Lovely card - your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birthday card and thanks for sharing what you do with your BG papers, that you are so famous for mixing and matching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, forgot to mention that I hope you start feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sparkle, I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you are feeling much better very soon!

    This card is SO fun! I like how bright, festive and fun it is. I suspect it fits right in with your friend's personality. Have fun at CHA with her.

    Thanks, too, for sharing how you organize your paper. I love the idea of storing the scraps in the same sized bags. I just tuck them into the pad and wrap a rubber band around it, hoping they don't slip out. I like your idea better. *Ü*

    Hugs to you (but with my face averted, don't want the flu)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope you get better soon, I have been out with the flu too, trying work today though. Love your cute little card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you aren't feeling well, it's been going around my house as well, so you have my full sympathies! I love that you can make your cards look so different even though you're using up the same papers. That's the trouble I have the most, I want to use up my paper but every card looks the same to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I hope you feel better super soon! Your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing your paper storage. As I unpack all my stuff I need to figure out some new organizing methods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card for Shaela! I'm sure she will love it!
    I store all my BG paper packs the same way, I also label each of the clear envelopes just in case they get separated from the pad! I try to keep them in order of release date too! I actually do the same thing with stamps! LOL Just a little bit OCD!
    I hope you are feeling better soon my dear, and you guys have fun at CHA, I wish I could be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon! Love the card you made for your friend. Thanks for sharing how your store your scraps....I've been trying to figure a better way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better, LOVE your SWEET card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabulous card! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. um, hello, of COURSE I love the card, lol! And I'm sure it will be even prettier in person, hehe. What a bummer you are so sick!! :( I hope you feel better soon... make Brent take care of you and feed you soup. And if he doesn't then I will this weekend, haha. Take care - the flu bug is no match for the super crafty goodness waiting at CHA! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Sparkle!

    I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling birthday card! Love your scrap storage (so organized!).. hope you feel better very soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! I'm sure she'll love it! It's also really neat to see how you keep your papers. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just gorgeous and so happy! Love it! I also love your filing system. I am SO going to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such an adorable card, Sparkle! Love the colors!

    I do hope you feel better soon and can't wait to you guys this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. fabulous card! so pretty and delightful! thanks for sharing your tips on storing and using the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty! I love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stinkin' fun card...I love seeing how you organize your papers...great idea...you're so good about using up your paper pads! I hope that you're feeling better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this card its so fun and funky, with some awesome embellishments
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks