Monday, January 3, 2011

One Little Word and More Miss Anya Lounge Silliness...

You gotta love the one eye wink and the one googly eye!  Maybe we should of made a patch for her other eye, lol.  I will admit, we're a rowdy bunch when we all get together, but it's always such a fun time and full of laughter.


And here is my real card using the Club Anya and Friends sketch.  I ran out of black thread, so I had to settle for using red.  But I like how it all turned out. 

Paper: Bo Bunny Crush
Stamps: TGF, sentiment is PTI
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, CTMH Brads, Copics, Nestabilities, and Rhinestones

I'm sure most of you read Ali Edward's blog and this year, I am actually taking her class.  For 2011, I picked 'balance' for my one little word.  Last year, I picked 'strive' and it helped me focus on getting everything together for Sparkle Creations.  This year, I hope to find more balance in my personal life and my two jobs.


I was too late to order the binder and protector sheets that Ali is using for the class.  Everywhere is sold out of them, so I only have loose parts of my album so far.  Once I actually get it put together, I'll share this again.  Our first assignment was to take a new picture of ourselves.

Well, Brent never takes good pictures of me and I don't have a tripod...so I decided to set the timer on my lovely new camera and have a go at it.  I ended up stacking up a couple boxes on top of my craft table to take this. 


Then we were given 5 prompts.  My favorite part is the quote that I found using my word.  I think this is going to be a hard project for me, as we're only updating it once a month and you all know how I like things to be matchy, matchy.  But I'm gonna try to do each assignment with a different paper pack, lol.


Have you picked a word for 2011?  I hope you all have a fabulous Monday...it's back to work for me!  The new season of Bachelor starts tonight and Hawaii Five-O comes back!

14 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! I love the eyes! :)

    I have not found my word yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Picture from you, Sparkle !!

    Your card looks so sweet. I like her eyes too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Anya looks fab all blinged up.

    And the picture you took of yourself is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of great things in this post. Love it! The card is fabulous. I really like your coloring, the papers and the bling. You sure have a wonderful talent for pulling together excellent cards, Sparkle. I like when you share silliness, too.

    I can tell that choosing a word really helps to keep you focused and intentional towards reaching your goals. I know you can do it. I keep seeing these "word" posts and while I've not jumped on the bandwagon, you've definitely given me food for thought. I might have to come up with one for myself this year. LOL

    I love that photo of you! You look awesome in red!! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful start to your week, Sparkle and I look forward to watching you grow in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, and such a great photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just darling! Love your photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card! That project looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Your prompts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lovely Silke! Your googly eyes made me laugh!! Again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! And great picture of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! That Anya's kinda creepy! Definately like the card better. ;)

    The project seems pretty cool. Like the collage and you took an excellent picture. Brent's fired! Haha!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. A giggle at your silliness and a great card to admire! Your self-portrait, too. It's awesome! Love your word. Mine is "purpose." I'm thinking that in living more intentionally, I might find balance. Thanks for sharing, Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cards...LOL...

    Check you out...you're speedy quick on the One word projects...I'll work on them this weekend but thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really making me smile with your funny little googley eyed Anya's!! I am also totally loving your cards with this new paper pack!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks