Saturday, May 21, 2011

Project 29 - April Layout

I put my first layout together and I love it!  If you know me well (old time CTMHers), you know that I use to scrapbook very traditionally.  So in regards to style, this is much more simple then anything I would normally make. 


But I love how easy it is...and this is actually something I can get done in a short amount of time.  I can't wait to look back on this next year once my whole album is put together.  Below are some layouts that I did back in 2006-2007 when I still lived in Denver.  Click on them to view them much larger.  {Eek, I can't believe I'm sharing old work, lol.}


Pretty much the whole month of April, I celebrated my birthday, lol.  I ordered my picture from Walgreens and I love how they came out.  To print 8 photos, it's about $2 something...which is kindof spendy, but I didn't want to wait til the end of the year to print.  I know printing in quantity is cheaper, but I would never finish this thing if I did that, lol. 


I belong to Scarlet Lime's Monthly Kit Club and each month's kit is what I will be using for that month's layout.  I desperately need a new date stamp!  I bought one years ago to do an altered decks of cards.  The only complete deck I ever did was in 2007 and I made a card 52 days in a row.

Though all of my cards are old and styles have changed so much...it's still one of my favorite projects that I've ever done.  Thanks Erica for giving me the inspiration to do this! 


I now have black ink all over...and the most funny thing is that the date stamp only goes to 2012, lol.  I'm honestly surprised I even kept it this long in my closet! 


If all goes well, I think I can learn to do a more simple style of scrapbooking.  But you know I won't be able to keep away from the stamps for long, lol.  I'm just proud of myself for using up my stuff! 

Everyone have a great Saturday!  I will be mailing out orders and crafting with friends tonight!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, Sparks! I'm so jealous of your album, lol! I kinda fizzled out in February, after Billy deployed! I don't have anything exciting to scrap so I'll do it next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous layouts, Sparkle! really love the simple style of this. so fun to look at. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layouts! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SO remember when you used to scrap all the time, Sparkle. I loved what you created. And I really like this, too! What a fabulous idea and I am enjoying seeing it come to fruition. Look forward to seeing more. I like the small openings, too. I think Archiver's is promoting using pages like this to speed up and simplify scrapbooking. Fun.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sparkle! I love your scrapbook! You have always made beautiful pages and it looks like that hasn't changed. Wow! This is such a cool way to scrap! I might have to try this. I am still traditionally scrapping, but in digi. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it....I gotta get crackin' on my scrapbooking...I have all the schtuff...evidently just not the motivation...fun seeing your before and afters...

    Have a great saturday..hope the weather gets nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Project 29 progress! I really need to get going on my Project 365.. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pages!!! These are awesome, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What BEAUTIFUL layouts!! I totally love it. I'm going to have to check it out whenever I come to Seattle next... you're making me want to do one, lol! Maybe I'll do a "Project 30" next year to document my first year in my 30s. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Think I'm going to try it out:) I have at least a thousand photos waiting to be put into a scrap book. This looks like so much fun and less product. Where did you get the inserts for the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layouts! I love the style, and you've done a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome!! I need to scrap too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks