Sunday, May 1, 2011

Scooter Chloe Card, SCRS Sponsoring Pile It On and Goal Updates

This week Sparkle Creations is sponsoring Pile It On.  Check out their blog to see their travel challenge and their DT's inspirational creations.


Photobucket


I decided to use Scooter Chloe for this challenge and I love the bright red!  I tried to use this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, but only got half way there.  This doesn't have as many layers as I normally do, but it's good to switch it up sometimes!

Paper: Basic Grey Wonder
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Scooter Chloe
BG Brads, BG Chipboard Pieces, Copics, Prima Flowers, BG Buttons, and Twine

If you play along, you have a chance to win Suitcase Ruby and Traveling Josh!  Good luck and I can't wait to see what you all make!
__________________________________________________________________________________

It's the first of the month, so it's time to check in with my goals. I don't really think April was a successful month for me in this area.  But I do have a few Sparkle Creations secrets up my sleeve for this summer. :)

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
I finished coloring all my character pictures!  I'm glad to get the extra practice using Photoshop.

SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
The good news is that I made my sales goal for April.  The bad news is that I've fallen off the banwagon with my Christmas cards.  With that, I haven't been posting 3 SCRS cards a week.

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
I failed miserably at my goal for April, lol.  I wasn't able to get our trip booked for Brent's birthday.  Planning a trip with a group of people is tough.  Not everyone can agree on the same things and I always have to put Brent's twin into consideration as well...so hopefully I can carve out some personal time to really get this put together. 

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday!  I'll be cleaning, grocery shopping, and hopefully crafting!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Sparkle! Well done on keeping up with your goals - I am sure Brent understands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Chloe card! So very pretty. And it sounds like you have the same things planned for today as me! Groceries first, followed by cleaning then hopefully crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! You're right! It's good to switch it up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Sparks! The red scooter is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS, Spark I LOVE your paper!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card! good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sparkle .... goal setting is the easy part, achieving them takes time and effort. You're doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, kind of reminds me of a post card. Good luck with the goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so delightful, Sparkle! super card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card!!! She is very cute and beautiful style with red scooter. This green flower is looking beautiful.
    Thanks for this great blog.
    Magento Themes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks