Monday, June 6, 2011

SCRS Challenge #46 - Favorite Colors, RCC6 - Sketch Challenge, and Rainy Day Ruby Card

Today's challenge is to use your favorite color(s)!  Check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations!


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Valentine Oliver rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!


The challenge this week at Ribbon Carousel is a sketch challenge!  I was able to combine the two challenges this week, though I made a square card instead.  {Please remember that your creation must have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace (basically anything that comes on a spool}

Green is my favorite color and my favorite color combo is pink and green.  I added some gray and brown into my sky to make it look gloomy, like it really is in Seattle, lol.  But I can't complain too much, as it's actually been really nice the few past days.  And I actually don't mind rain...it's really just the 'cold' that gets me.

Paper: Basic Grey Sultry
Stamps: SCRS Rainy Day Ruby
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, PTI Ribbon, Twine, Pearls, and Copics

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC46 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, June 12th @ 9 PM PST. 

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  We start sneak peeks for June's release tomorrow!

22 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cute, love her jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Sparkle! Love the choice of paper for Ruby's coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME I love her SWEET jacket!!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card!!!! Love her floral raincoat!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, your card is stunning again, Sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she's adorable!!! Love the sidewalk and grass you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it...green is my fav too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, Sparkle! I love her rain coat and the flowers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the sweet scene and her pieced raincoat is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Sparkle! I love her rain coat! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! And what a fun print to paper piece for Ruby's jacket. :) I'm with you on the rain/cold thing... I love the rain (that's why I miss Seattle) but I hate the cold (and that's why I love it here, haha). Maybe we should buy a cabana in the tropical rainforest and get the rain AND the heat both together, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card. Love the paper piecing and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruby's paper-pieced rain coat is just too cute! Wonderful cheery card, sure to brighten anyone's rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable! I love how you paper pieced Ruby's rain coat! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! fabulous rainy scene and i adore her floral coat. amazing card, Sparkle! love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love her rain slicker and the sky you built around her - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the paper piecing! Totally wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Love the paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is SO darling! I love those fresh green DP's too. Awesome take on the RCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks