Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Project 29 Photos

Over the next few days I'll be posting about my new goals, my new one little word, and recapping 2011. I have a couple of crafty posts weaved in between, but please bare with me while I ramble.  I promise that after I get it all out and down, it will go back to full on craftiness.


We went to go meet up with my bestie Shannon, her husband Will, and her daughter Alex.  We went and had breakfast at Helser's, a cute little place in Portland.  It was really great to spend some time with them and catch up.
This is the Christmas tree at my In-laws.  They celebrate on Christmas Eve, so we went over for dinner and then opened gifts.
Michael wanted to play Angry Birds, so I let him use my phone.  Somewhere along the way, he decided to start taking pictures instead, lol.  First stop, picture of Emily, who is showing off her lovely penmanship.  She'll write just as nicely as I do! 


Then Emily took my phone from Michael and took a picture of her feet and her lovely picture of Bambi.  Gotta love the artist heart that she has.  I'm sure she'll be coloring better than I pretty soon. :)


Then Michael wanted to take a picture of us.  They know to tap on the screen, but they really don't know how to focus while taking pictures.  All of the pictures they took are either grainy or blurry, but hey, gotta love the efforts of a 5 and 4 year old. 


The funniest thing was that Michael kept singing, "O Come, All Ye Faithful."  I mean, what 4 year old do you know has all the words memorized?  Don't most 4 year olds sing Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman, or Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer?  Anna said he learned it at school and no one else knows the words.  Well, lucky for him, I do know the words, so I could sing in Christmas spirit with him. 


I took this picture of Michael while he was dancing around. Such a silly boy! I really do wish I got to spend more time with my little brother and sister. All of my family was there, but I realize that I didn't get any pictures of my brother Brien or my SIL Myra.


In Oregon, there's no sales tax, so I had to go shopping. You can't beat 50% off and no sales tax. I mean...no tax is like an extra 10% off, since our sales tax in Washington is 9.5%. I really went out to buy Christmas stuff for next year, but snuck in some craft shopping at Craft Warehouse. Gotta love the wall of 6x6 paper pads.


For Christmas, Anna cooked all Hmong food.  Hmong salad is the best and Emily decided to take a picture of it with my phone.  She later took a picture when the bowl was empty, lol.  Guess she wanted me to know that she actually finished it.


While I was out After Christmas shopping, I found this Snoppy for 50% off.  I have no idea what I would with it, but I really, really wanted it.  I had better judgement and didn't buy it.  I told Brent about it later and he gave me a weird look.  Maybe I should of bought it, lol. 

Well, I am back home and back at work.  Everyone have a great hump day!  I hope you all had a great holiday and hope you're all excited for what 2012 will bring us!

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! Thanks for sharing, Sparkle! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB pics and a big woot woot on tax free shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun pictures Sparkle. Sounds like it was a memorable Christmas and after Christmas shopping.
    Happy New Year!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I love when my kids take over the camera - they come up with the funniest photo shoots. :)

    I am way excited to start Project Life... I have my page protectors in my album and I am all geared up to start on Sunday, woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics the kids took, so much fun to see! Yeah for sales and no tax!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Sparkle! Long time no chat. I haven't been reading my favorite blogs for several months now and I feel so behind.

    I see you visited Craft Warehouse while you were down here. What location was that with the 6x6 paper wall? The CW store near us closed in July and I'm having withdrawals, lol.

    I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks