Monday, December 12, 2011

Newly Hatched Baby Boy Diaper Cake

My co-worker Marlon and his wife just had a baby boy.  I made them a diaper cake and here is a detailed shot of the cake topper.  Normally, I put a stuff animal on top, but for some reason I couldn't find one that matched.  And not matching is just unacceptable to me, lol.  I improvised and I think it turned out darling.


I decorated the cake pretty simple and I try not to go over board when I make things for guys.  If you'd like instructions on how to make a diaper cake, below are the links to Susan Liles's blog.  You'll see that Susan usually does the baby name in chipboard in a banner down the cake.  Since I don't know what Marlon named the baby, I decided on 'boy'.  If I would of had a spare 'b' in my chipboard stash...I probably would of gone with 'baby'.

http://www.susiestampalot.com/2008/05/how-to-make-diaper-cake.html
http://www.susiestampalot.com/2008/05/how-to-make-diaper-cake-part-two.html


You all have to be proud of me...I used up the last of this old CTMH paper pack that I've had for years.   Sweet Leaf is my favorite color, so it was hard to part with.  But glad to have more room for new paper.  Plus, I don't really use 12x12 paper much anymore. 

I hope you all have a great Monday...it's back to work for me!  PS...3 more week and the Bachelor will be back!


11 comments:

  1. this is thee cutest diaper cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! and I just adore that lil hatched baby! Great job, Sparkle :)
    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Sparkle! I love the CAS design, and that paper is beautiful! I think the topper is perfect. You did a gr8 job!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. toooooo cute!! K, now I really want you to come to my shower and make me a diaper cake, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! This is just tooooo cute! I LOVE that little baby image--love your coloring and shading...LOVE the stitching...I just love love love it all:) Beautiful diaper cake!! And congrats to your friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute! this is fabulous, Sparkle! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks