Saturday, December 31, 2011

Project Life for 2012

Two Christmases ago, Brent got me the famous Fiji Pivi MP 300 mini photo printer.  It's only sold in Japan, but just like Amy Tan and Kelly Purkey, I got mine off of Ebay.  I used it to make one mini album...and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since.  Instead of doing a large album like my Project 29, I decided that I will document my year in mini albums.  We'll see how this goes...but since I have started using Instagram too, I think this will be a good option for me. 


I also own this Canon Selphy photo printer and have also hardly used it.  I have a ton of photo paper for it, so I've decided that I really need to use it up!  And with this printer, I send print from my iPhone, so maybe I'll be more inclined to use it.   


So, to start this new goal...I made the cover to my new mini album.  I used a mix of stuff that I had on hand from my leftover scrapbooking kits.  My project 29 album isn't quite up to date yet, but at least I'm using my stuff!  The 'sparkle' strip is old Scenic Route paper that my friend Sandy gave me.


With this project, I'm learning how to make things flat, lol.  I think it'll be good for my growth in this area.  If I fail miserably at this...hopefully I'll at least have a cool album of Winter CHA, lol.


Anyone doing anything fun for New Years?  Brent and I are going to a masquerade ball with some friends.  Here's the mask I got and I love that it's sparkly, though it's hard to see in the picture.  I hope you all have a lovely and safe New Years!  

6 comments:

  1. Love the cover of the album, can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh....great cover for your album....such fun techie stuff you own!

    Have fun tonight...awesome mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute album! Good luck with the mini albums. :) I am so jealous that you're going to a masquerade - I've always wanted to do that, it would be a blast! Can't wait to hear about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little album!! LOOOOOVE the papers and the details of each little added piece:) And that mask--WOWZA! AMAZING:) I can't wait to see your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your mini album idea and the cover is sooooo cute! looking forward to seeing it throughout the year! Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I want one of those mini printers! Beautiful Mimi album - great idea to use it for your project life. I'm using one for my December Daily. Hope you had a ball at the ball!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks