Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy New Year Takara Card - Year of the Dragon

Next week is a busy week, as I'm getting last minute stuff done for CHA, 4 birthdays, and Chinese New Years.  I love that Brent enjoys celebrating New Years 3 times a year with me.  Hmong New Years in November/December, American New Years on January 1st, and Chinese New Years in January/February.

It's not typically for me to make New Year cards...as I usually just jump to Valentines.  I already have a stack piling up, lol...I really should just make Valentines instead of Christmas cards.  Plus, I enjoy making Valentines so much more. :)


When I was still training classes full time, I had a trainee tell me that they missed Christmas one year, so they sent out Ground Hog's Day cards, lol.  And that became their thing...so could Valentines become my thing?!?  I think my family would have an uproar.


I definitely think there will be Chinese Zodiac Rin stamps in the near future.  We may have to wait til next year...but I've got it on the docket. :)  How do make a cute snake, lol?!?  Anyhoo- have a great Friday...it's almost the weekend!


13 comments:

  1. Love your card! The red looks awesome. :) I think that if you skipped Christmas cards for EVERYONE and made Vday cards for your list instead it would be fine. You should try it next year... rock the boat a bit, hehehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I always struggle with red. I can't make it work for me. But you make it look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending vcards out is cool! Most of us send Xmas cards out but not really vcards. The recipient will thrilled to receive one! Great idea to have a chines new year Rin. No sure about the snake though. I am not a snake person...afraid of it actually. Plus with the snake, you basically can use the stamp that year only...unless you wipe off the snake every time you want to use Rin alone. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sparkle! This is awesome! Love the bold whites and the fantastic touches of reds and blacks. That image is perfect for Chinese NY. Gr8 idea for the Rin stamps. Lookin' fwd to seeing you at CHA.
    Have a nice weekend!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOO cute! LOVE that little dragon! Great coloring! And I LOVE that ribbon:) Hope you enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just fab Sparks! I've run out of time now to make them but I wish I had! Off for a Chinese banquet to celebrate the New Year in tonight!

    Happy Chinese New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sparkle- this is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Sparks, love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Such a striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo awesome!! I would love it if you carried Chinese New Year stamps for every animal in the Zodiac. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks