Friday, August 3, 2012

With Deepest Sympathy Card and Goals

I know I've been MIA for quite awhile!  This is the first thing I've made in weeks!  Brent's car died a few weeks ago and we recently got him a new truck.  The last two weekends have been filled with my brother's wedding shower and Brent's family reunion.  I have new co-workers starting at work and so hopefully things are starting to swing up and calm down! 

My co-worker lost her dad last week and this is the card I made for her.  Gracia's favorite color is pink, so I tried to use as much of it as I could.  


I didn't have much time, so I opted to make a no coloring card.  One of my List of 30 goals was to make more scrappy cards and since my birthday, this is the second one I've made.  Not to shabby, since I honestly thought I wouldn't get pasted the first one, lol.


My friend Shaela is coming to visit me tomorrow, so I am excited to finally have a day dedicated to crafting and stamping!  I'm trying to get some special projects done for while I'm in Hawaii and can't wait to share them with you while I'm away. 




It’s the beginning of the month and time to check in with my goals!  This month was really rough on me.  With Brent’s car dying on us, I had to share my car with Brent for 2 weeks.  Of course now we don’t work in the same building, so it was a long 2 weeks of dropping off/picking up and driving in opposite directions.   

We also spent most evenings after work looking for a new truck for Brent.  We finally got his new truck last week, so I can get back to my own normal routine.  Not getting enough sleep and being extremely busy has been rough on me.  
While all the craziness was going on, we also had my brother and STB SIL’s wedding shower and Brent’s family reunion.  With not being home 2 weekends in a row, I wasn’t able to pick up my Bountiful Baskets or coupon.  What I actually spent on groceries this month isn’t bad…but I lost one of my baskets since my friend ended up not being able to pick it up for me…and since we would car shop til about 8-9pm each night, Brent and I would just go out to dinner.  Overall, we’ve spent a TON of money this month, including the car.
 
The good news though is that we had planned to buy Brent a new car in September, when we got back from Hawaii.  So with that, we did already have the money to buy the car.  It just happened a couple months earlier and we weren’t prepared to share my car.

 Sparkle Creations

  • Get new wholesale accounts
  • Sales goal for each month - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • More efficient in costs
  • Teach card classes 
Thank you everyone for making my 2nd Year Anniversary so successful!

Personal
  • Take Yoga classes
  • More efficient in costs - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Project Life
  • Utilize my iPhone
  • Visit my mom's grave
 
For July, I spent $102.68 on groceries and household products.  With store sales and coupons, I saved $138.13…which is a bit more than 57%.  Not bad…but not really that great either.
But I am happy to report that I am almost to $1,000 in savings!  I’m just $20 shy of reaching one of my List of 30 goals.  Since I’ve been keeping track of what I spend, my average is about $125 a month, with my goal at $150.  There have been months where I went over to stockpile and then others where I just didn’t buy as much.  I use to spend $300 a month and even with the added expense of the newspaper, I’ll be saving about $1500 for the year.

$150 x 12 = $1,800 + $300 (newspaper and coupons on eBay) = $2,100
$300 x 12 = $3,600
I mean, you could buy 300 Copic markers with $1,500...250 6x6 paper pads…162 Sparkle Creations stamps, lol.  That’s probably more than what some ladies even spend on crafty stuff in a year.

All right, everyone have a fabulous weekend and I'll be on Tuesday with my next challenge card!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the card!!!! beautiful!!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good with saving money and controlling your spending, Sparkle! Shhh...don't tell hubby but I spent over $100 on beads the other day....and it's not like I needed them.... I have got to stop spending like that or I wont have any for my kids school!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks