Friday, December 21, 2012

Books I Read in 2012

Sadly, these are the only books I read this year. I read the first 10 books by April 2012.  And then took the rest of the year to read the last 4.  {Sigh.}  I have always loved to read and I'm really disappointed in my lack of reading this year.

I initially got into a really good routine of reading while I was walking and running on the elliptical at the gym.  And I use to read when I would take baths at night...but getting an iPad has really curbed that down, since I'm really nervous to sit in the tub with it, lol.  I'm hoping that with me back to exercising more will lead me back to more reading.
 

Out of all the books I read, I would say I've Got Your Number, by Sophie Kinsella was my favorite.  Chick lit is my 2nd favorite type of read and it's absolutely hilarious!  If you're an avid texter, you'll really appreciate this book. 

Jenny Lawson's book was also hilarious...but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not into crude humor.  I also had the honor of meeting her this summer. :)  And Mennonite in a Little Black Dress was another great read.  I love learning about culture and religion as well, so I found it interesting and quite entertaining.  I also love that she mentions Hmong people in her book.

#1 on my list of 30 Things I Will Do This Year is to finish reading all the books in my stash.  When Borders went out of business {still sad in my heart!} I bought a bunch of books for $2 each.  I have 14 books sitting on my shelf to read by April 5th...can I make it?!?

Though mystery/thriller and chick lit are my favorites, I read all types of books.  Have any must reads for 2013?  I'm gonna try to read The Host, by Stephanie Meyer before the movie comes out this year!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sparkle -
    Other than having a love for cards/crafts..it's nice to see another reader out there! (I highly reccommend the website, goodreads.com, to help you keep up with your list, add more books to your list, keep in touch with other readers, etc. A really great site! :) ((Ohh..The Host is going to be made into a movie!?? I have to make sure I make that one of my next books then! :) And while I have many others on my life, one series I look forward to reading in 2013 is the City of Bones series (as the first book is going to be a movie this summer!) ;D
    Take care and happy holidays to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who puts her ipad in a ziploc bag when she reads in the tub. Maybe that would work for you? lol.

    I LOVED The Host, so you must read before the movie comes out, you will like it, I'm sure. I just started 2 new books on my must-read list: The Maid and The Queen: The Secret History of Joan of Arc (she's my hero), and The Shape of Mercy (it's a historical fiction about the Salem witch trials). So far I like them both, but the one about Joan of Arc reads like a textbook so it's kinda hard to get into. :/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks