Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterfly Sympathy Card and Book Review: The Faults in Our Stars

Okay, sorry to be depressing today, but I figured this card would best fit with this book review.  Sadly, my friend +Peggy Toole's mom passed away a couple of weeks ago.  She had been battling cancer on and off for quite awhile and I'm glad she's no longer suffering.  Losing someone is always hard, so my thoughts are with Peggy and her family.


I have been looking for this butterfly stamp for the last couple of months.  I really thought I had lost it for good...but while re-arranging my furniture in my craft room, I excitedly found it!  Here's the inside of my card.


I've been trying to find time to get my goals updated, so hopefully that will come soon.  This is the last book that I read, which I finished a couple of weeks ago.  I have a major project going on at work right now, so I probably won't be doing any reading for another few weeks.


This book is about a 16 year old girl who has stage 4 cancer.  In her support group, one of the guys is losing his eye and will be blind after he has surgery.  His best friend who is in remission, comes to participate in the support group.

They get to know each other and fall in love.  The girls has a favorite author (who is fictional) and wrote a book about a girl who has cancer and the book has no ending, because in theory, the girl dies and doesn't get to finish her story.


Being a cancer patient, they get cancer perks.  The Cancer Wish foundation sends them and the girl's mom to Amsterdam to meet this famous author.  During this trip, the girl finds out that her boyfriend's cancer has returned.  The whole time, she's worried about how she'll die before him, but sadly, he ends up dying before her.

Overall, I enjoyed this book.  But it is sad...so if you don't want to read a depressing book, I wouldn't recommend it.  This is a really written for Teens, so it's a quick and easy read.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Friday!  It's almost the weekend!  Got anything fun planned?  I'm playing Bingo tonight with some of my friends!  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card. I love the pearls down the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for your loss. the sympathy card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks