Thursday, August 15, 2013

SCRS Challenge #110 - Neon Challenge and Lemonade Ruby Card

Sorry this is sooooooooo late!  I've had my card done for awhile, but I just haven't had time to photograph and edit my card!  My life is always crazy, lol, but I've had a very up and down summer so far.  I'm going to try to update you all on what's been up in my corner in chunks!  More on this after my challenge post...

Welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #110!  We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations each week. You have until Sunday, 8/11/13 @ 9 PM PST to play along with our current challenge which is:


Our challenge is open to all players. Every 2 challenges (4 weeks) a random winner will be chosen, and the winner will receive a SCRS rubber stamp! In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

I plan to send Dorinda cards all through her cancer/chemo/radiation/recovery stages, so I thought this challenge would be fun to make a cheery card for her.  Especially once our lovely summer weather is gone, she'll love the bright colors.  Pink is her favorite color, so that's why I chose the hot pink panel!


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of this SCRS post. If for any reason the linky isn't there, please add a link to your challenge creation in the comments below. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the keywords SCRSC110 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for challenge #110 is Sunday, August 11th @ 9 PM PST.

I know it’s been forever since I’ve actually been around and posted stuff.  Once again, my life has been crazy busy and it’s definitely been a road of highs and lows!  Where to start?!?  I suppose I should start at the beginning of July, lol.

The day before we left to go to New York to celebrate our 5 year anniversary, we found out that our company is restructuring and while Brent didn't lost his job, he did lose his position.  Brent was able to transfer to another department, though it’s not the ideal position for him.  On the positive side, it’s better than not having a job, so we are grateful for that. 

With this happening, it’s made us re-evaluate our big picture goals and where we’re headed for the future.  I’ve always been so attached to my career and life here, that it’s been quite emotional for me.  But since the opportunity has opened itself up, it’s time for me to let in the change.  We won’t be making any drastic changes right away, but we will be preparing for what’s next in our lives.


Regardless, our New York trip was paid and planned, so we had to put all of that aside and enjoy our anniversary!  Our trip was wonderful and we had such a wonderful time!  I’m a planner in general, but this was the first trip we literally planned out everything before we left, down to even buying tickets for everything beforehand.  It was a lot of work upfront, but it made this trip stress free for us, since we didn’t have to worry about getting in to places.  

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.  I'll be back soon with the rest of my trip recap!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks