Friday, August 23, 2013

SCRS Challenge #111 - Sketch Challenge, Birthday Cake Emily Card, and New York Trip Highlights

Sorry this post is so late!  

Welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #111!  We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations each week. You have until Sunday, 8/25/13 @ 9 PM PST to play along with our current challenge which is:


Our challenge is open to all players. Every 2 challenges (4 weeks) a random winner will be chosen, and the winner will receive a SCRS rubber stamp! In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

Since I can't seem to ever catch up, lol...I've pretty much have just been making birthday cards that I need.  While I was at CHA, I got a sample pack of Basic Grey paper from putting in my order on the first day.  Though I'm not really a fan of 12x12 paper, it's always fun to use new paper!!


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of this SCRS post. If for any reason the linky isn't there, please add a link to your challenge creation in the comments below. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the keywords SCRSC110 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for challenge #111 is Sunday, August 25th @ 9 PM PST.

I know it's not really ideal to travel during a holiday week, but I will say spending 4th of July in New York was pretty sweet!  We were only there for 5 days, but we really crammed a lot in the few days were there!


Day 1
On our first day there, we went to the Mets game.  It was a crazy game and lasted 15 innings!  We were at the game for almost 8 hours, lol.  But it was a fun time and we met quite a few other travelers.  There was even a dad and son who were going to ALL the baseball stadiums this summer.  It was neat to see all the pins they’ve collect from each stadium. 


Hockey is Brent’s favorite sport, and it made me think how fun it would be to do something like that.  (Except traveling during the winter months isn’t really that appealing, lol.)  I might have to for his next milestone birthday!  We’ve already been to Vancouver and Denver, and Brent’s been to Phoenix.  That’s only 27 more teams to see!

After spending all day at the game, we were late coming back to the Hudson River for the Macy’s Fireworks Show.  We rushed down to the waterfront just in time to see the fireworks go off.  It’s a pretty amazing show to see in real life!  Then right after that, we headed up to the Empire State Building.  Luckily, the wait wasn’t too long and we got through to the top really quick. 


While the view is great, I always thought you would have a bit more space to walk around, lol.  I guess in the movies no else is around, so it seems so much bigger.

Day 2
To lower our costs, we decided to see the matinee of Jersey Boys.  Our tickets were about half the price by seeing it earlier in the day.  It was wonderful show and I’m so excited to say that I’ve seen a show on Broadway!  The musical tells the story of the band The Four Seasons.


Our friends Cody and Kendall told us about this pasta place, and that’s where we had our anniversary dinner.  They serve 3 different pastas and it’s all you can eat style.  The servers walk around with fresh pasta dishes and you can have as many servings as you’d like.  Linguine with clams is my absolute favorite, so I was very excited that they were serving it that night!


After dinner, we headed to Time Square to just hang out for a bit.  We didn’t stay out too late as we were planning to get up early and head to the Statue of Liberty.  We didn’t find out til later, but John Mayer was actually performing on the Today Show and had we known that, we would of gone, lol.  But at least we’ve seen John Mayer twice, so not that big of a deal that we missed him.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday...it's almost the weekend!  I'll be back soon with the last few days of my trip!


4 comments:

  1. this is such a cute card! love the fun papers. oh gosh, I would have been doing back flips to receive free Basic Grey papers! they are my forever fave paper company! your party stamp looks so happy on them. grins!

    looks like you had a fab time while in NYC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, my mouse is being super weird and leaving double comments everywhere today. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hey...love the card!

    We had so much fun in NY...thanks for the tip on the NY City Pass Book...the boy and I managed to use all of the tickets! We had much milder weather than you, upper 70's with very little humidity.

    Can't wait to see your other pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks