Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sketch Saturday #274 and Thank You Card

Welcome and it's time for another Sketch Saturday!  Come play along with us this week for your chance to win a prize from our sponsor Milk Coffee. The prize is 5 digital images of the winner's choice!

Our 5 year anniversary was in July and Brent's grandma was so sweet to send us some money for our trip to New York.  I always get inspired to make scrappy cards right after I get back from CHA, lol.  I also think to myself, I have so much paper and embellishments...but then almost never actually make any.

So, I went outside of the box and didn't even do any stamping, lol!  I was lucky enough to have a 'thanks' sticker that matched this paper pack.  I thought it would be fun to add embellishments for more of an asymmetrical look. 


I probably should of made a card that's more bright and colorful, but I always think black and neutrals are always so classic.  Though I don't use this paper pack often, I think I need more of it.  I've been so into grey this year!

Right after I got back from New York, I had a work conference up in Kirkland.  Which is just about 45 minutes from where I live, but all of the Regional Trainers flew into town and I was once again away from home and absorbed in work, lol.  On their first night in town, we all went to eat dinner at Anthony's.  It was nice to get the chance for everyone to see Dorinda before she had her mastectomy.  


We had a ton of fun in class...but hey, a room full of Trainers is always a ton of fun, lol.  It's always fun to learn from others and apply new things to the job.  I really enjoyed the class and we made a lot of new friends out this class.  This class was the first spark of inspiration that I really needed.


While we were all together for this training course, that's when we made the plans to go to Canada.  Tami got her passport last year for her birthday (August 2012) and she still hadn't gone anywhere.  Since she would need to come back to Seattle to teach for Dorinda (who is starting chemo), we decided that we would drive up for the weekend! 

For once, I actually don't have plans this holiday weekend.  Last year I was in Hawaii, sigh, lol.  But I want to hit the mall, since I know there will be some good deals! I hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Elegant and classic! Love the mix of papers. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sparkle! I just realised when I looked at your supplies list that I have that paper pack and don't remember the last time I used it. I think I've only used it once for the tiger print paper! Naughty naughty me! Time to pull it back out I think now I've seen your beautiful creation!

    Hugs Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. I love your scrappy cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks