It always amazes me when I go back through everything and review my year, that I've been able to accomplish so much. I realized I traveled a lot this year. Of course I never meet all of my goals, but I'm still proud of what I'm able to complete. As always, I do my list of events in chronological order. I hope you enjoy the top moments of my year!
1. Winter CHA/Anaheim, CA (January) - I can't believe another year has come and gone all already! These ladies are my dearest crafting friends (minus +Shaela Odd , as she came the next day and isn't in this photo) and I love spending time with them.
My biggest highlight at CHA this year was finally meeting Ali Edwards! I was so sad to miss her last year, but meeting her this year definitely made up for it! She is a very funny and kind lady!
2. Canucks Game/Vancouver, BC (April) - If you remember, going to a Canucks game was on my 30's list. I was a day late, as I already turned 31 the day before, lol, but hey, close enough! +Spike C was able to get us tickets to the game and we had such a wonderful time! Go Canucks!
It's also always a pleasure to see my twinsie +Thanh Vo and her boyfriend Gerry. We had a fun weekend exploring Vancouver and staying with them! Look at us faux Canadians, lol, in our Canucks jerseys!
3. Visiting Catherine/Boston, MA (May) - Getting to see my best friend is always precious to me! Especially since we live across the country from each other and don't see each other face to face very often! We spent Memorial Day weekend together on a little getaway to Boston. It was great to see her and catch up in person!
4. 5 Year Anniversary/New York City, NY (July) - We've always wanted to go to New York and we decided in February to just make it happen! It was actually Brent's idea...as I searched all over the West Coast for a cool place to go. Then it was Brent that said, let's just go to New York. I love my husband and how he can just make decisions like that on the fly.
This picture was taken on our actual anniversary, as we went to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner and saw Jersey Boys! Then we ended our night in Time Square. We actually didn't stay out too late that night, as we got up super early to hike up to the top of the Statue of Liberty! That by far was the best experience I had on the trip!
5. Summer CHA/Las Vegas, NV (July) - Two weeks after getting back from New York, I flew down to Vegas for Summer CHA. My friend Shaela lives in Vegas (though is in the process of moving to Utah), so Aileen and I were able to just stay at her place! As always, it was a great time with these ladies! Nothing beats cool crafty stuff and In-N-Out!!
This is the only picture we took all together, lol. At least Santa was being a good sport with our Flats and Yay signs!
6. Meeting Blog Friends in Real Life (July) - Whenever I get the opportunity, I absolutely love meeting my blog friends in real life! If anyone ever comes to Seattle, definitely hit me up!! Or if you're gonna be at Winter CHA, let me know!
This summer I got the opportunity to meet two of them. The first one is my friend Corinne. We go way back, like when Greeting Farm was still Pink Poison, lol. And Corinne was also on the SCRS team a couple years ago! Corinne is such a doll and I wish I would of gotten to spend more time with her!
The next friend I got to meet was +Debbie Routledge. Remember when Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers was really popular? Deb and I have been friends since we joined SBS4 in 2007!! CRAZY, eh?!? Like always, it was great to finally meet her in person!
7. Going Back to School (August) - Since you can't always just sit around and wait for life to happen, I made the decision to go back to school. I want to get my Masters in Education, Adult Secondary Learning...which is pretty much training, and what I already do. :) I'm pretty crazy to be working two jobs and going back to school, but at that time, I really needed a change in my life. And as my friend Kelly said to me, school is better than crack, lol.
8. Friends Trip/Vancouver, BC (August) - As most of you know, I'm pretty close to my team at work. Last year Tami got her passport for her birthday and we were determined to get her out of the country for her birthday this year. She came up to Seattle for work, so she just extended her stay and we took a weekend trip up to Vancouver, BC.
It was great to go on this fun adventure with Matt and Tami. We actually did a ton in the 2 days we were there! I even managed to celebrate Thanh's 30th birthday with her too!
9. Getting a New 5 Year Award (November) - My boss's boss really surprised me this year and got me a new 5 year award! I earned my 5 year award in 2010. Unfortunately, that was a cutback year and at the time we were really understanding. You also receive $500 with your award and so even though we didn't get as nice of awards, we all still got our money.
Well, when the 2011 awards came, they were sooooooooo much nicer than ours. And the 2010 award winners were all so disappointed. Brent got his 5 year award the next year and I was so sad that his award was so much nicer than mine, lol. (Remember, this is my only job I've had since I graduated college and this is my professional career...so I was really disappointed.)
Though it's 3 years late, and I'm celebrating my 8th year...I think I was more excited this year's 5 year award recipients, lol. Lisa, another co-worker who started at the same time as I, got a new award too, and we were screaming in the hallways! :) I can't thank Denise enough for this gesture of kindness!
10. A 2014 Surprise!! (November) - This fall, Brent and I had another exciting life changing moment. This is what I'll be sharing with you all next week. I'm very excited about it and I'm excited to share it with you all! Though it's good news I'll be sharing with you, I would like to ask for good thoughts and prayers for us.
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! Brent and I are staying in this year! Anyone doing anything fun?