Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Birthday Wishes Birthday Josh Card

Gosh, the first part of this year has just flown by!  Around here (Seattle) it's been quite exciting with the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl and the Olympics going on.  I can't believe it's already been 4 years...it just feels like Brent and I went to the last ones in Vancouver!

Our nephew, Calvin, turned one on January 28th (the same birthday as Emily, my little sister) and since I was lacking creativity at the time, I decided to CASE myself.  I made a card similar to this last year for our friends' son who turned one last year.
When Brent saw the card, he said, it's Seahawks colors!  I didn't do that intentionally, lol, I just colored the image to match the paper pack.  I do like how it all came together and I didn't even sew on the card!  How unlike me!  But since I wasn't crafting at home (I was at Impress for Stamp Night), I just had to go with it.

Brent decided to get Calvin a baseball glove and ball.  Had I know prior, I would of thought ahead to use Baseball Oliver on my card.  We know he's still too young to really play with it, but since the Smith's are sport fans, I know his dad (Brent's twin) was thrilled with the purchase.  

Well, I hope you all have a great hump day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I noticed your picture changed! Not sure if I am oblivious and you did it awhile ago, or just recently, but I giggled when I saw it. And you are smiling, yay! *Ü* Love the card (even if the colors are Seahawks colors). Your coloring is always spot on. And it's nice to know (for me) that it is still fabulous even without sewing on it (since I rarely sew on my cards). Have a great rest of your week, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks