Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hello Sunshine Prima Kate Doll Birthday Card

My little sister turned 8 on January 28th and this is the card I made her.  (I know it's super late, but better than never, right?)  While I was at Prima Art*Venture, I got some of the Julie Netting doll stamps.  Mixed media isn't really my thing, but I did enjoy the classes and do something a bit different for me.  Since I have the new dolls that haven't even gone on sale yet, I figured I might as well get some good use out of them! :)

I know missing body parts can sometimes be creepy, lol.  Brent's first question to me was, where's her face?  He also said, I think Emily's gonna ask you the same thing when she opens it.  Regardless, overall, I think the card came together nicely.  I've been too sick to enjoy my newest Basic Grey paper pad, so I decided to use it.


I ended up getting Emily DVDs this year for her birthday, since she didn't really ask for anything.  She's still really into Disney Princess stuff, but I always feel like I'm buying her the same stuff, lol.  Well, I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. LOL about the missing face...I was kind of wondering myself. Such beautiful coloring and a lovely dress she is wearing. I'm sure Emily will like that you made it for sure. And I have a sneaking suspicion that she loves just about whatever you give her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks